Employee magazines, also known as in-house magazines, staff magazines, or internal publications, are a powerful tool for internal communications within a company. They serve as a platform for employees to stay informed about company news and updates, as well as to share their thoughts, experiences, and ideas. In this blog post, we will delve into the importance of employee magazines as an internal communications example, and explore the benefits of bringing print magazines to a digital format.
1. First, employee magazines are an important means of keeping employees informed. In today's fast-paced and constantly changing business world, it is essential for employees to stay up-to-date on company news, policies, and changes. Employee magazines provide a regular source of information that helps employees feel connected to the company and its goals. They also give employees the opportunity to learn about their colleagues and what they are working on, which can foster a sense of community and teamwork within the organization.
2. Foster a sense of community: Internal magazines can help to build a sense of community within an organization by highlighting employee achievements, promoting company values and culture, and providing a platform for employees to share their ideas and experiences. Many employee magazines feature articles written by employees, which can give them a sense of ownership and pride in their work. This can be especially valuable for remote or dispersed teams, who may not have as many opportunities to interact with each other in person.
3. Promote transparency: Internal publications can be used to promote transparency within an organization by providing employees with insights into company decision-making, strategy, and performance
4. But employee magazines are not just a one-way communication tool. They also provide a platform for employees to give feedback and suggest improvements to the company. This can be done through surveys, polls, or even just open-ended questions or prompts for employees to respond to. By actively soliciting and considering employee feedback, companies can foster a culture of collaboration and innovation, and demonstrate that they value the contributions of their employees.
So far, we've discussed the benefits of employee magazines in print form, but what about bringing these magazines to a digital format?
There are several advantages to doing so.
1. First and foremost, digital magazines are more environmentally friendly than their print counterparts. They eliminate the need for paper and ink, as well as the energy and resources required to produce and distribute them. This can be a significant benefit for companies that are looking to reduce their carbon footprint and operate more sustainably.
2. In the environment of high inflation, ever-increasing print and shipping costs, digital magazines are a great source of cost-effectiveness. They completely eliminate the need for printing and distribution costs and can be easily distributed via email or accessed through a company's intranet or mobile apps. This can be especially beneficial for companies with a large and dispersed, remote workforce, as it allows them to reach all employees at a lower cost.
3. Another advantage of digital magazines is that they can be more interactive and engaging than print magazines.
To improve and enhance the readers' experience, magazines can include interactive elements such as:
links to additional external resources
They can also be more easily updated and amended, which allows for timely and accurate information to be shared with employees.
Most importantly digital magazines can provide feedback and analytics, which is crucial in understanding how your content performs and whether it is driving ROI.
Analytics can provide data that can show:
Audience Insights (reader activity, geolocation insights, device insights)
Content Insights (most popular content, page performance, link performance, page views)
Behavior Insights (engagement, reading progress, retention)
Acquisition Insights (traffic sources)
This information can then be used to tailor content to the needs of the employees and ensure the magazine is as engaging and effective as possible.
With Feedback from the employees you can:
Engage employees by asking about their needs, interests, challenges, and ideas.
Make readers feel more appreciated and valued, empowering them to take active roles instead of passive ones.
Identify new topics of interest to build around your content pipeline.
Armed with analytics and feedback you can then constantly improve your online magazine and make sure it remains relevant and engaging.
In conclusion, employee magazines are an important internal communications tool within a company. They help to keep employees informed, engaged, and connected to the company and its goals. By bringing employee magazines to a digital format, companies can also reap the benefits of being more environmentally friendly, cost-effective, and interactive. Overall, employee magazines are a valuable asset for any organization looking to improve its internal communications and foster a positive and collaborative culture.
Joomag: The Best Cost-Cutting Option for your Internal Magazines
Digital transformation is a game-changer when it comes to communication, marketing, and cost savings.
With print becoming more expensive, companies of all sizes need to consider embracing digital.
But if you truly want to benefit from digital transformation and/or publishing, the most important thing is finding a solution that works best for you.
Look no further than Joomag—the all-in-one digital publishing and content performance platform that drives higher engagement and ROI.
Let us help you eliminate or reduce your printing and postage costs so you can focus on creating high-quality digital content that hits the mark.
While we still give our customers the creative freedom to make whatever they want, we also give them the data they need to make it even better. Our recent introduction of Joomag Analytics (JMA) perfectly encapsulates our renewed emphasis on meaningful feedback and data.
Small publishers and Fortune 500 companies alike depend on us for their content marketing, corporate communications, and sales enablement needs. There are no limits to our platform, and users are free to let their imaginations run wild with every piece of content they create. Anyone can create gorgeous, interactive publications, distribute them across multiple channels, engage with audiences on a deeper level, and measure content performance with Joomag.
Take a look at the digital publishing examples below—courtesy of our talented customers—and you’ll see what we mean. You can also get in touch with us by following the link below.